- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fried Brie Green Salad With Pears Recipe Video
|Brie cheese||8 Ounce, cubed|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon (For shallow frying)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 , mince|
|Bosc pears||2 Medium, slice|
|Spring mix||7 Ounce|
Calories 1395 Calories from Fat 1051
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 119 g182.9%
Saturated Fat 34.2 g171.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 402 mg
Sodium 1290.2 mg53.8%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.8%
Sugars 21.1 g
Protein 38 g75.8%
Vitamin A 74.2% Vitamin C 30%
Calcium 39.7% Iron 21.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Break the eggs into a bowl and place the bread crumbs on a plate.
2. Dip the brie cheese cubes into the egg wash and then roll in the bread crumbs to coat evenly.
3. Place the coated brie cubes into the refrigerator and let it sit for at least 2 hours.
4. Heat a skillet with vegetable oil.
5. Fry the coated brie cheese cubes in the oil until brown.
6. For the mustard dressing: In a bowl, add the olive oil, lemon vinegar, brown mustard, garlic cloves and mix. Set aside.
7. Empty the spring greens on two plates.
8. Top with the sliced pears.
9. Drizzle the mustard dressing over each plate
8. Add 4-5 fried brie cheese cubes to each salad plate.
9. Serve each plate as appetizers.