- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fricassee Of Giblets Recipe
|Giblets||2 Pound, mixed|
|Chicken fat||4 Tablespoon|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Boiling water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||3 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground beef||3⁄4 Pound|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Raw rice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 566 Calories from Fat 296
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.5%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 405.4 mg135.1%
Sodium 1116.2 mg46.5%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.64 g2.6%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 39 g78.7%
Vitamin A 290.1% Vitamin C 36.4%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 50.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Buy gizzards, necks, wings, feet and livers.
2) Wash them thoroughly and remove heavy skin from feet.
3) Take a saucepan and heat chicken fat in it. Add onions and cook until golden brown in color.
4) Add giblets and cook for about 5 minutes or until brown in color.
5) Sprinkle with flour and add boiling water.
6) Add 2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
7) Cover and cook on low heat for about 1 hour.
8) Take a mixing bowl and combine together cold water, beef, remaining salt, garlic powder and pepper in it.
9) Shape the mixture into balls and add to the giblets along with rice.
10) Cook for about 20 minutes.
11) Transfer to a large platter and serve immediately.