- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Coconut Cake Recipe
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coconut milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Egg whites||6 , stiffly beaten|
Calories 457 Calories from Fat 197
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.6%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g43.8%
Trans Fat 2.2 g
Cholesterol 0.94 mg
Sodium 292.3 mg12.2%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 34.8 g
Protein 6 g11.2%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 0.87%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 365° F.
2) Grease a paper-lined cake pan.
3) Cream the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and mix.
4) Take a bowl and combine in it baking powder, flour and salt. Add the creamed mixture alternating with coconut milk and milk.
5) Turn the mixture into the greased cake pan and bake for about 25 minutes.
6) Cool the layers in the pan for about 10 minutes.
7) Turn onto a wire rack and cool completely.
8) Frost the cake as per your desire. Slice and serve.