- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Asparagus Vinaigrette Recipe
|Fresh asparagus||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hard boiled egg||1|
Calories 184 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.6%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 40.3 mg
Sodium 228.1 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 5 g10.8%
Vitamin A 30.1% Vitamin C 17.8%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 23.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut off the tough ends of asparagus stalks and wash in cold water.
2) Using vegetable parer or paring knife, scrap off the scales and skin from lower part of stalks.
3) Using string tie the asparagus stalks into a bunch.
4) In a deep saucepan, stand the asparagus bunch upright.
5) Stream the boiling water, to depth of 2 inches, and add 1-1/2 teaspoons salt.
6) Heat to boiling point, put the lid and cook the asparagus for 15 to 20 minutes, or just until tender.
7) Drain the asparagus well.
8) Place the stalks in shallow baking dish.
9) In a jar, place together vinegar, both the oils, 2 teaspoons salt, sugar and pepper.
10) Put the tight fitting lid and shake well.
11) Stream the vinegar dressing over asparagus.
13) Place the baking dish in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning stalks several times.
14) Arrange asparagus on platter and dredge with egg and pickle, serve cold
Stand upright in deep saucepan.
Add boiling water, to depth of 2 inches, and 1-1/2 teaspoons salt.
Bring to boiling; cook, covered, 15 to 20 minutes, or just until tender.
Lay stalks in shallow baking dish.
In jar with tight-fitting lid, combine vinegar, oils, 2 teaspoons salt, the sugar, and pepper; shake well.
Pour dressing over asparagus.
Refrigerate 1 hour, turning stalks several times.
Arrange asparagus on platter.
Sprinkle with egg and pickle.
Makes 6 servings.