- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Vegetable Broth Recipe
|Onion||1 Medium, peels left on, studded with 4 whole cloves|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peels left on and lightly bruised|
|Celery ribs||2 , cut into large chunks (With Leaves)|
|Carrots||2 , peels left on and cut into large chunks|
|Leeks||2 , trimmed and cut into large chunks|
|White mushrooms||8 , halved|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, quartered|
|New red potatoes||4 Medium, halved|
|Coarse salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||10 Cup (160 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1267 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.7%
Saturated Fat 0.68 g3.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2070.1 mg86.3%
Total Carbohydrates 293 g97.5%
Dietary Fiber 39.9 g159.4%
Sugars 63.7 g
Protein 38 g76.6%
Vitamin A 1126.9% Vitamin C 504.7%
Calcium 76.1% Iron 134.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse vegetables in water.
2. In a large heavy pot, place all the broth ingredients.
3. Bring it to a boil.
4. Simmer uncovered over low heat for 1 hour.
5. Season to taste.
6. Simmer for another 30 minutes.
7. Strain the broth.
8. Reserve vegetables to thicken soups and stew sauces; if desired.
9. Let the broth cool to room temperature.
10. Transfer the cooled broth to storage container.
11. Cover the container and refrigerate or freeze.
12. Use for making soups and stews.