- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Tomato Sauce - Italian Recipe Video
|Plum tomatoes||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Basil leaves||5 Small|
|Extra virgin olive oil||To Taste|
Calories 31 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.59 g0.9%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.05%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 61.3 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g2.3%
Vitamin A 18.9% Vitamin C 23.1%
Calcium 0.1% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and cut the tomatoes in half, remove the seed and pulp and keep it aside in a bowl.
2. Cook the tomatoes in a pot on low heat for 25 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft.
3. Once the tomatoes have softened, run them through a food mill set over a bowl.
4. Put the resulting sauce back onto the heat for another 15 minutes.
5. Mix the salt, oil and few basil leaves and mix well.
6. Remove from heat and the tomato sauce is ready.
7. Serve it as a spread for your pizza or as a sauce for your pasta.