- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Summer Grape Tomato Salsa Recipe Video
|Grape tomatoes||1 Pint|
|Sweet onion||1⁄2 Large|
|Yellow bell pepper||1⁄2 Large (Or any color you want)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Honey||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Jalapeno chile||1 (Or any chili you like, add more or less to your taste)|
Calories 378 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.19 g0.29%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.08%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 146.7 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.8%
Dietary Fiber 17.9 g71.6%
Sugars 31.1 g
Protein 9 g18.7%
Vitamin A 18.3% Vitamin C 64.6%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Roughly chop the tomatoes into chunks. You can use a food processer if you want a finer consistency.
2. Finely chop the onion and bell pepper.
3. Remove large and thick stems from cilantro using leaves and tender stems. Finely chop it.
4. Deseed and finely chop the chili and garlic. Make sure to wash your hands after you do.
5. Mix the above in a non-metallic bowl.
6. Drizzle apple cider vinegar, honey and freshly squeeze the lime juice.
7. Season with salt pepper and cumin and give a good stir.
8. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour or more so that the flavors blend well.
9. Best served chilled.