- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Strawberry Sour Cream Shortcake Recipe
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||9 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Fresh strawberries||1 Quart|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2832 Calories from Fat 991
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 113 g173.5%
Saturated Fat 62.5 g312.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 500.4 mg
Sodium 3227.3 mg134.5%
Total Carbohydrates 420 g139.9%
Dietary Fiber 25.7 g102.8%
Sugars 198.9 g
Protein 52 g104.3%
Vitamin A 72.4% Vitamin C 930.6%
Calcium 179.3% Iron 104.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and one-quarter cup sugar. Add the cream cheese and two tablespoons butter, cutting them in with a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
3. Pour the beaten egg into a measuring cup. Add enough milk to make three-quarters cup and gradually stir into the flour mixture. Knead the dough about twenty seconds.
4. Pat half the dough into a greased round eight-inch layer cake pan. Brush the surface with melted butter. Pat the remaining half of the dough over the top.
5. Bake until done, about twenty minutes. Remove to a cooling rack.
6. When the cake is cold, split the layers apart and place one on a large serving plate.
7. Wash, hull and slice the strawberries. Add one-third cup sugar and let stand ten minutes. Spoon the strawberry mixture between and over the top of the shortcake layers.
8. Top with sour cream sweetened to taste.