- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Strawberry Jam Recipe
|Fully ripe strawberries||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely mashed or sieved|
|Sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Powdered fruit pectin||1 3⁄4 Ounce (1 package)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3369 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.8%
Saturated Fat 0.08 g0.39%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 102.7 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 872 g290.5%
Dietary Fiber 11.3 g45.1%
Sugars 816.4 g
Protein 2 g5%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C 343.8%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan, thoroughly mix fruit and sugar; let stand for 20 minutes, stir occasionally.
2. In another saucepan, mix pectin in water and boil over high heat with constant stirring.
3. Remove pan from heat.
4. Add the fruit mixture and stir for 2 minutes.
5. Into sterilized glass jar or containers, pour the mixture and cover lightly with lids.
6. Let the containers stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
7. Freeze and refrigerate after opening.
8. Serve Fresh Strawberry Jam with bread or toast.