- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Spinach Soup Recipe
|Spinach leaves||2 Pound|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 400 Calories from Fat 319
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.9%
Saturated Fat 22 g109.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.2 mg
Sodium 429.3 mg17.9%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.2%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 10 g20.3%
Vitamin A 450.5% Vitamin C 107.2%
Calcium 27.1% Iron 35.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Thoroughly wash and drain the spinach leaves.
2) In a thick-bottomed saucepan, put the spinach with butter.
3) Simmer the spinach gently, by constant stirring, until soft and tender.
4) In an electric blender, place the spinach to make a puree.
5) Season the spinach with salt and pepper, according to taste.
6) In a bowl, combine cream and chicken stock.
7) Pour in spinach puree and heat through.
8) Serve the soup immediately.