- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Spinach Casserole Recipe
|Spinach||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Eggs||2 Small, slightly beaten|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Teaspoon, thinly grated|
|Swiss cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 974 Calories from Fat 546
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95.4%
Saturated Fat 34.4 g172.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 469.3 mg
Sodium 4135.2 mg172.3%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.2%
Dietary Fiber 25.1 g100.2%
Sugars 18.4 g
Protein 67 g134.8%
Vitamin A 2164.4% Vitamin C 531.7%
Calcium 195% Iron 179.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash spinach leaves well and trim their stems.
2. Preheat 325°
3. Place the spinach in a dutch oven or in a large pan.
4. Add salt ( 1 teaspoon). Cover the pan and cook for 3 minutes. Let the spinach cook in the water which 5lings to its leaves, till the leaves turn green and bright in color.
6. Use a colander to drain the leaves.
7. Press out the water with the back of any spoon, so that the spinach is completely dry.
8. Chop spinach leaves very finely.
9. In another bowl mix butter, eggs, pepper, onion, butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt, milk and cheese.
10. Transfer the ingredients in a 1 quart baking dish. ( If doing ahead, cover the dish and chill)
11. Bake in 325°for 30 minutes ( 45 minutes in case chilled)
12. Serve fresh spinach casserole immediately.