- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Salmon Carpaccio Recipe
|Salmon||12 Ounce (800 Gram)|
|Chopped dill||2 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||2 Small, finely chopped|
|Caster sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Capers||1 Tablespoon, drained|
Calories 132 Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.8%
Saturated Fat 0.68 g3.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.5 mg
Sodium 62.9 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 12 g24%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C 33.2%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash, rinse and dry the salmon and wrap it in cling film. Chill the salmon for an hour to make it easier to slice.
2. In a bowl, mix zest grated from one lemon, dill, shallots, sugar and one teaspoon of sea salt. Add the juice of the same lemon to the mix.
3. Add in olive oil and whisk to make a smooth sauce
4. Unwrap the chilled salmon on a cutting board and slices thin portions on the diagonal. Cut the entire salmon in the same way
5. Prepare a large shallow dish that will accommodate the entire salmon and marinade
6. Layer a single level of salmon on the dish and spoon the marinade on top. The marinade should cover the fish completely. Continue the layering process with alternate layers of fish and marinade till the fish is used up.
7. Cover with cling film and chill for atleast 2 hours or overnight.
8. Arrange the cured salmon slices on a bed of salad leaves. Scatter capers, and lemon slices on top.
9. Served with thinly sliced bread or soda bread