- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Rhubarb Betty Recipe
|Diced fresh rhubarb||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Quick cooking tapioca||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Soft bread crumbs||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 265 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.3%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g23.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.4 mg
Sodium 167.6 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 33.1 g
Protein 2 g4.2%
Vitamin A 6.5% Vitamin C 17.8%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, sugar, tapioca, lemon and orange rinds and salt together; keep aside.
3) In another bowl, mix the bread crumbs, melted butter and vanilla extract together.
4) In a 1 1/2 quart casserole, arrange layers of rhubarb and bread crumbs alternately, with rhubarb at the bottom and bread crumbs on top.
5) Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
6) Uncover and bake for another about 10 minutes, until the bread crumbs are browned.
7) Serve the warm Fresh Rhubarb Betty on serving plates.