- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Red Raspberry Jam Recipe
|Ripe red raspberries||3 Cup (48 tbs), finely mashed or sieved|
|Sugar||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Powdered fruit pectin||1 3⁄4 Ounce (1 package)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5040 Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.8%
Saturated Fat 0.11 g0.56%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 103.8 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 1299 g432.9%
Dietary Fiber 33.7 g135%
Sugars 1219 g
Protein 6 g11.2%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 198.1%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 25.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix berries and sugar; let stand for 20 minutes, stir occasionally.
2. In another saucepan, mix pectin in water and boil over high heat with constant stirring.
3. Remove pan from heat.
4. Add the fruit mixture and stir for 2 minutes.
5. Into sterilized glass jar or containers, pour the mixture and cover lightly with lids.
6. Let the containers stand at room temperature for 24 hours until set, if jam doesn-€™t set store in refrigerator.
7. Serve Fresh Strawberry Jam with bread or toast.
Jam is best stored in freezer.