- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Raspberry Scones Recipe Video
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|2% milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||6 Tablespoon, diced into 1/2 inch cubes|
|Lemon||1 , zested|
|Raspberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 250 Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.2%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51.9 mg
Sodium 149 mg6.2%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 5 g10.1%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 17.8%
Calcium 13.4% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat oven to 400F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.Dust the parchment paper with flour.
3. In a large bowl add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, whisk together.
4. Using a pastry blender, crush the butter into the flour.
5. In a small bowl, place milk, egg, lemon zest and vanilla, using a fork, mix gently.
6. Pour the egg-milk mixture onto the flour mixture, add raspberries and gently toss to mix.
7. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking sheet, using your hands make a 1 inch thick circle, use more flour for dusting, if required.
8. Using a knife, cut the circle into 8 pie shapes, do not separate the pieces.
9. Bake at 400F for 15 to 18 minutes, until the edges turn golden brown. Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
10. Serve with or without cream topping.