- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Pumpkin Pie Recipe Video
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Graham cracker||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), very finely crushed|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (1 Stick)|
|Ice water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Plus More If Needed)|
|Egg yolk||1 (For Brushing)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (About One 12 Ounce Can)|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Canned pumpkin puree/Fresh pumpkin puree||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten (For Glaze)|
Calories 590 Calories from Fat 239
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.8%
Saturated Fat 15.2 g76.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 235.8 mg
Sodium 353 mg14.7%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 48.7 g
Protein 13 g25.6%
Vitamin A 208.2% Vitamin C 6.4%
Calcium 23.2% Iron 17.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
To prepare the Graham Cracker Crust:
1. In a bowl, mix flour, finely crushed graham crackers, sugar, and salt. Add butter pieces and mix with a fork/hands until it resembles coarse meal.
2. Add egg yolk and some of the water, tablespoons as a time, and combine just until the dough holds together.
3. On a floured surface, roll the dough out into a circle that is about 1/8 inch thick.
4. Sprinkle some extra graham cracker crumbs on the bottom of a pie pan/dish and transfer rolled out pie dough to the pan/dish, fit and trim edges. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
For the Pumpkin Pie Filling
6. In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and pumpkin puree. Beat and combine well.
7. Add vanilla extract, evaporated milk, and heavy cream. Whisk very vigorously.
8. Let the filling rest for at least 15 minutes before pouring into pie crust.
9. Now gently ladle the filling into the pie crust until it is almost full (about 1/8 of an inch away from the top).
10. Carefully transfer to the oven and bake for 45-65 minutes until the filling is set. Filling is set when the filling no longer appears liquid.
11. Cool the pie for at least an hour, if not overnight.
12. Serve chilled with whipped cream and/or vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
This pie is actually better the next day, so if you make it the night before and refrigerate it overnight, it will be perfection the next night.