- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Pear Kuchen Recipe
|Unbleached white flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Winter pears||2 , cored and sliced|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground allspice||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2778 Calories from Fat 566
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g99.4%
Saturated Fat 34.3 g171.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 343.7 mg
Sodium 1118.3 mg46.6%
Total Carbohydrates 499 g166.5%
Dietary Fiber 30.2 g120.9%
Sugars 186.6 g
Protein 66 g131.5%
Vitamin A 37.2% Vitamin C 24.3%
Calcium 31.1% Iron 131%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Heat the milk, water, granulated sugar, and 1/4 cup butter until very warm. Add to dry ingredients and beat at medium speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
3. Add the egg and enough additional flour to make a firm dough. Turn out on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Put in an oiled bowl, turning to oil the top. Cover with a sheet of plastic wrap, allowing the wrap to touch the dough. Let rise for 1 hour or until doubled.
4. Punch the dough down and let rest for 10 minutes. Pat onto bottom of an oiled 13- by 9- by 2-inch pan. Brush the dough with melted butter.
5. Arrange the pear slices in even rows on the dough. Mix the brown sugar and allspice and sprinkle on the pears. Let rise for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
7. Bake for 45 minutes, or until well browned and the pears are tender.