- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Pear and Cucumber Aspic Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Pear balls||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fresh)|
|Diced pears||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fresh)|
|Diced cucumbers||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced cucumbers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cottage cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 313 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4%
Saturated Fat 0.88 g4.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28 mg9.3%
Sodium 708.6 mg29.5%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 45 g
Protein 16 g31.5%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 46.2%
Calcium 6% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Place the gelatin in cold water, then stir in hot water to dissolve.
2) Blend in sugar, lemon juice, and salt.
3) In the bottom of a 5-cup ring mold, add 1/4 cup mixture and refrigerate until just set.
4) Refrigerate rest of the mixture until thick.
5) Press the fresh pear balls into gelatin mixture in the mold.
6) Fold the diced pears and cucumbers in rest of the mixture and pour into the mold.
7) Arrange the cucumber slices around the outer edge of the mold and refrigerate until firm.
8) On a serving plate, unmold the ring and place the cottage cheese in the center.
9) Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.