- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Homemade Pasta Recipe Video
|Whole wheat flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 411 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.7%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 139.6 mg46.5%
Sodium 541.1 mg22.5%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.9 g47.7%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 18 g35.1%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.1% Iron 24.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) On the kitchen counter, place the 3 cups of flour and create a well in the center.
2) Crack the eggs into the well and add some olive oil.
3) Use your fingers to mix the ingredients together to form a soft dough. You know the dough is of the right consistency when it does not stick to the fingers and keeps its shape. It should not be too hard and dry though.
4) Wrap the dough in plastic and keep it in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
5) Remove the dough from the fridge, unwrap it and dust with some flour.
6) Place a large pan of salted water over heat and bring it to a boil.
7) Push the dough as thin as you can with your hands and then start rolling it through a pasta machine, starting with the thickest end.
8) Once the dough has reached the thinness you desire, cut it into the desired pasta shape.
9) Immediately place the pasta in the boiling water and let it cook. It takes about 3-4 minutes.
10) Serve or use the homemade pasta as and when preferred. Mix with your choice of pasta sauce and serve.
Visit Cooking with Caitlin for complete recipes, and more videos.