- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Orange Cupcakes: Cupcake Show #6 Recipe Video
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Oranges||2 , zested|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (non-fat, light or regular)|
|Fresh orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (from the 2 oranges used for zesting)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon zest||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon, softened|
|Powdered sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 370 Calories from Fat 119
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.9%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.5 mg
Sodium 191.8 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 46.1 g
Protein 3 g6.3%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 22.4%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Line the cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
3. In a bowl, put the dry ingredients and mix well.
For the Cake:
4. In a mixer bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and orange zest on medium speed for 2 minutes, until light and ﬂuffy.
5. In a bowl, break the eggs, and add one at a time, beat well after each addition.
6. Put in the sour cream bet well and add in the orange juice.
7. Stop the mixer and add the dry ingredients, and mix until well combined.
8. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl, with a spatula.
9. Scoop the batter into the prepared cupcake tins, using a medium ice cream scoop.
10. Bake the cupcakes in oven for 18 minutes or lightly browned on edges.
11. Remove and let the cupcakes sit in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to rack to cool completely.
For the Icing:
12. In a bowl, combine the orange juice and zest, and the lemon juice & zest.
13. In a mixer bowl , cream butter and powdered sugar together until light and fluffy.
14. Add in the juices and zest mixture in the butter mixture and beat on medium high speed and until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
15. Spread the icing on cooled cupcakes and let it set.
16. Serve as desired.