- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Cake With Butter Cream Icing Recipe Video
|Seedless oranges||2 Medium, quartered|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|For the orange icing|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Icing sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Orange juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
Calories 473 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.8%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.2 mg
Sodium 288 mg12%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 61 g
Protein 4 g8.3%
Vitamin A 12.2% Vitamin C 28.8%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a food processor, add the oranges and blend into a fine mixture.
3. Add in the butter, sugar and eggs. Blend this mixture for about 2 minutes or until well combined.
4. Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt. Pulse the mixture until well combined.
5. Take a greased 9 inch baking pan and pour the above batter evenly into it. Bake this in the preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 40 - 45 minutes.
6. For the icing: In a bowl, add and combine the butter, salt, sugar, vanilla extract and orange juice. Blend until smooth and creamy.
7. Add orange rind and combine well.
8. Remove the cake and apply the icing over the cake once cooled.
9. Serve this orange cake with ice cream.