- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Mincemeat Pancakes Recipe
|Cooking apples||450 Gram, peeled, cored and sliced|
|Soft brown sugar||100 Gram|
|Mixed spice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mixed dried fruit||175 Gram|
|Lemon juice||75 Milliliter|
|Finely grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 936 Calories from Fat 361
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63%
Saturated Fat 13.6 g67.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 126.9 mg
Sodium 251.9 mg10.5%
Total Carbohydrates 125 g41.8%
Dietary Fiber 11.1 g44.4%
Sugars 62.3 g
Protein 27 g53.8%
Vitamin A 18.6% Vitamin C 25.7%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 29.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan, put the apples along with the sugar, butter and spice. Gently cook over low flame, occasionally stirring, for about 20 minutes or till the apples have tendered.
2) Add the dried fruit, lemon juice and rind and stir well. Keep aside and allow to cool.
3) Between the pancakes, divide the filling and roll them up.
4) To freeze the stuffed pancakes, wrap them in double thickness of foil, seal, label and place in the freezer.
5) To cook the frozen pancakes, unwrap them and thaw for about 4 hours at room temperature.
6) In 3 ounces of butter placed over medium heat, fry the pancake rolls till they are golden brown.
7) Serve right away with lots of cream.