- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Lemon Charlotte Russe Recipe
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), divided|
|Grated lemon rind||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Lady fingers||12 , split in half lengthwise|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2774 Calories from Fat 1217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 136 g209.4%
Saturated Fat 82.4 g411.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1274.1 mg
Sodium 636.4 mg26.5%
Total Carbohydrates 337 g112.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.4%
Sugars 320.1 g
Protein 42 g83.6%
Vitamin A 53.2% Vitamin C 159.8%
Calcium 39.5% Iron 28.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In the top of a double boiler, combine lemon juice, salt, and egg yolks and mix well.
2) Stir in gelatin and 1 cup sugar and cook over simmering water for 10 minutes or until the mixture thickens, ensure to stir constantly.
3) Add lemon peel, butter, and vanilla, keep stirring until butter melts.
4) Let the mixture chill until partially thickens.
5) Take a 9-1/2 inch springform pan and arrange ladyfingers around the bottom, keep aside.
6) Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form and then gradually add the remaining sugar.
7) Beat the mixture constantly until stiff peaks are formed.
8) Whip cream and fold in the egg whites along with the gelatin mixture.
9) Prepare pan and spoon mixture in it.
10) Cover pan and let it chill for 4-5 hours or until firm.
11) Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and serve.