- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Homemade Biscuits Recipe Video
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Pinch|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, cut into cubes|
|Vegetable shortening||2 Tablespoon, cut into cubes|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1716 Calories from Fat 729
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 83 g127.4%
Saturated Fat 38.7 g193.5%
Trans Fat 3.9 g
Cholesterol 129 mg
Sodium 2740.9 mg114.2%
Total Carbohydrates 206 g68.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.2%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 35 g70.8%
Vitamin A 30% Vitamin C
Calcium 152.6% Iron 77.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In bowl of food processor combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, butter and shortening.
3. Pulse until dough has the consistency of large crumbs
4. With food processor running add buttermilk mixing until just combined.
5. Turn dough out onto well floured surface and pat out by hand to a thickness of 1/2-1 inch.
6. Cut out biscuits and place on cookie sheet with the sides just touching.
7. Continue to pat out dough and cut biscuits until dough is used up, working dough as little as possible
8. Gently press your thumb into the center of each biscuit.
9. Brush melted butter over the top of biscuits.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
11. Serve as required.