- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Fruit Tart Recipe Video
|Granulated sugar||4 Ounce (for dough + 4 Ounce for pastry cream)|
|Unsalted butter||8 Ounce, at room temperature (for dough + 1 1/2 Ounce for pastry cream)|
|All purpose flour||12 Ounce, sifted (for dough)|
|Egg||1 Ounce (for dough + 4 Ounce for pastry cream)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon (for dough + 1/4 Ounce for pastry cream)|
|Whole milk||18 Ounce (for pastry cream)|
|Cornstarch||1 Ounce (for pastry cream)|
|Powdered sugar||3 Ounce (for pastry cream)|
|Heavy cream||1 Pound (for pastry cream)|
|Pineapple||1 Large, peeled, quartered and cut into slices|
|Mixed berries||1 Cup (16 tbs), rinsed and dried on paper towel (blueberries, blackberries and raspberries, as needed)|
|Ripe mango||1 Large, peeled and sliced|
|Kiwis||2 Medium, peeled and sliced|
|Strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced (as needed)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7417 Calories from Fat 3345
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 381 g585.4%
Saturated Fat 232.6 g1162.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1280.1 mg
Sodium 491.3 mg20.5%
Total Carbohydrates 973 g324.3%
Dietary Fiber 65 g260.1%
Sugars 567.4 g
Protein 85 g170.5%
Vitamin A 380.5% Vitamin C 2487.9%
Calcium 143.7% Iron 140.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cookie Dough : Preheat the oven to 350 to 400°F.
2) In a bowl, whisk the whole eggs and the vanilla extract together.
3) In the electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar using the paddle attachment on medium speed until light and fluffy.
4) Add the eggs one at a time until totally incorporated, then scrape the bowl between each addition. Stop the mixer and add all the flour at once, and incorporate on low speed. Be sure to scrape the bowl as needed. Mix until the dough is just moistened and all the ingredients are combined.
5) Remove from bowl and refrigerate or freeze to stiffen, approximately 15-30 minutes.
6) Then take half the dough and roll out about 2 inch beyond the size of the tart pan using plenty of flour. Roll the dough around the rolling pin, then lift up and place over a well greased tart pan gently. Work the dough into tart pan making sure to get into the crease of the pan and up the sides. Tear the excess dough using the edge of the pan.
7) Dock the dough with a fork. Place a large coffee filter or parchment paper circle on top of the dough and fill with baking beans or pinto beans up to the top of the pan.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 to 15 minutes until the edges of the crust are done and lightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
9) Pour out the baking beans and remove the parchment paper circle. Egg wash the dough, if desired. Place back into the oven for another 8-12 minutes or until the entire crust is lightly golden and fully baked. Remove from the oven and allow to completely cool.
10) Pastry Cream : In a bowl, make a slurry with the cornstarch, 1/2 the sugar, salt, and eggs. Whisk togther.
11) In a pot, place milk and remaining 1/2 of the sugar and bring to a boil.
12) Temper the slurry by slowly adding the boiled milk into the cornstarch and continuously whisking the cornstarch slurry. Add the tempered slurry to the boiled milk. Whisk together. Bring to a second boil for 1-3 minutes.
13) Take off of the stove and whisk in the butter. Then add the vanilla extract. Pour into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, all the way to the surface, then place in the refrigerator to set.
14) Whip together the powdered sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla extract to make whipped cream. When pastry cream is cool remove from the fridge and fold in whipped cream by stirring in 1/3 of the whipped cream into the pastry cream (to lighten it) then fold in the remaining whipped cream.
15) Assembling : Place the tart shell on a cardboard and glue with a little pastry cream. Brush the inside of the tart shell with melted white chocolate.
16) Pipe the pastry cream in the tart shell starting from the edges towards the center.
17) Arrange the pineapple, strawberries and kiwis along the edges on the pastry cream and with the mixed berries and mangoes in the center.
18) Refrigerate the fruit tart until the pastry cream is set. Then brush with apricot glaze, if desired.
19) Slice the Fresh Fruit Tart into wedges and serve.