- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easter Fresh Fruit Tart Recipe Video
|Pastry||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For 4 Tart Crust)|
|Flour||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cold butter||10 Tablespoon (1 1/4 Sticks)|
|Cold water||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||6 Cup (96 tbs) (Divided 3 Plus 3)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 1237 Calories from Fat 519
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g89.8%
Saturated Fat 29.8 g148.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 484.7 mg
Sodium 646.1 mg26.9%
Total Carbohydrates 152 g50.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g13%
Sugars 87.1 g
Protein 26 g52.4%
Vitamin A 34.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 44.3% Iron 24.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Place the flour ,sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Cut the butter into small pieces and work into the flour using a pastry cutter.The flour should look like cornmeal.
2) Wisk together the vanilla, yolks and cold water.
3) Add to the flour mixture,bringing the mix together with your hands.
Making 4 discs of dough
4) Refrigerate for 1 hour and roll out into desired pans.
5) Prick the tart shells with a fork then bake the tart shells at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the crusts are golden.
Method for Custard:
6) In the 2Qt pot pour 3 cups of milk, 1cup sugar and ¾ cups of flour.
Wisk together and mix thoroughly.
7) Meanwhile heat up the remaining 3cup of milk in the other pot and scald.
8) While wisking pour the hot milk into the milk with the flour and sugar.
9) Wisk constantly until the mixture come to pudding consistency. It will thickly coat the back of your spoon.
10) Wisk the yolks in a separate bowl with the vanilla. Then take some hot pudding mix,about 2 ladle fulls and wisk into yolks. Then return the yolks into the hot pudding mix. (this is tempering)
11) Cook the mixture to a slow boil,it should be thick. Wisk in the butter. Now you’re ready to use your custard
This video is a creation of chef-ellie-espo. You can visit chef-ellie-espo for complete recipes, and more videos.