- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Fruit Melon Go Round Recipe
|Melon||1 Large (Spanish or honeydew variety)|
|Nectarines/Peaches||8 , unpeeled|
|Grapes||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Fresh mint sprigs||2|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2332 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 654.8 mg27.3%
Total Carbohydrates 595 g198.4%
Dietary Fiber 61.8 g247%
Sugars 509.4 g
Protein 51 g101.4%
Vitamin A 2793.6% Vitamin C 2673.2%
Calcium 50.6% Iron 79.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using sharp knife cut Winch slice from bottom of melon.
2. Halve melon lengthwise, and cut each half into 5 even wedges. Remove the seeds.
3. In a round serving platter (9 inches in diameter and about 1/2 inch deep), stand the wedges. Place them with their cut end down just like a whole lemon.
5. Hold the wedges together at top with a nectarine at the base of alternate slices.
6. Gently pull out the slices not held by nectarines.
7. Secure top of wedges with wooden picks.
8. Serve fresh fruit melon go round with nectarines, small bunches of grapes and mint sprigs garnish.