- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Fruit Compote Recipe
|Grapes||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon (Roasted Buckwheat Groats)|
|Champagne||1⁄4 Bottle (0.25 l)|
Calories 225 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.52 g0.8%
Saturated Fat 0.06 g0.32%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2.1 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g27%
Sugars 33.4 g
Protein 1 g3%
Vitamin A 7.4% Vitamin C 86.1%
Calcium 5% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using a small sharp paring knife, peel the oranges then slice them thinkly removing and discarding the seeds and piths. Add them to a large fruit bowl.
2. Pare, halve and core pears then slice lengthwise and add them to the bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent browning.
3. Similarly peel core and slice apples add to bowl and toss in lemon juice to prevent decolorizing.
4. Halve the plums, remove stones and slice. Add to fruit bowl
5. Halve the grapes and combine with remaining fruits
6. Sprinkle sugar and brandy over the fruits.
7. Toss thoroughly to coat.
8. Cover bowl with cling film and refrigerate to chill.
9. Spoon fruit into individual bowls or into one large serving bowl
10. Pour chilled champagne over fruit
11. Serve immediately.