- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Figs Or Melon with Prosciutto Recipe
|Figs/1 ripe melon||8|
|Watercress/Arugula / parsley||1 Bunch (100 gm) (For Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 501 Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.1%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26 mg
Sodium 1529.8 mg63.7%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27%
Dietary Fiber 12.6 g50.3%
Sugars 67.8 g
Protein 29 g57.7%
Vitamin A 75.6% Vitamin C 85.5%
Calcium 26.6% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Properly wash the figs and pat dry them.
2) On each of the 4 serving plates, put 2 figs and alongside, arrange 2 slices of prosciutto. While fig leaves are the best garnish, they are not always available wasily. The plate can be garnished with sprigs of watercress, arugula or pasley, if preferred.
3) In case melon is being used, cut it in hal and then remove the seeds. Peel the melon.
4) Keeping the cut side up, slice every half into uniform crescent-shaped slices about 1/2-inch thick.
5) On individual plates, neatly arrange he slices so that they are slightly overlapping. Across the top, drape 2 prosciutto slices. Use srpigs of watercress, arugula or parsley as garnishing, if desired.
6) Serve as desired.