- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Makai no Chevdo or Khichdi - Spicy Corn Chowder Recipe Video
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh corn grated from cobs||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Peanuts||1 Tablespoon, crushed|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon (As required per taste)|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon (As required per taste)|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon (As required per taste)|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Warm milk||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Regular milk used)|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 315 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.8%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.6 mg
Sodium 100.2 mg4.2%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.2%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 8 g15.1%
Vitamin A 13.5% Vitamin C 19.2%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a pan and heat with a couple of tablespoons of oil, add mustard seeds.
2. When the mustard seeds crackle add asafoetida, the shredded corn and the crushed peanuts.
3. Add salt to taste. Also add the ginger, garlic and green chili pastes, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Stir and let it cook for a few minutes.
4. Then add warm milk, cover let it cook for 7 to 8 minutes. Keep stirring frequently to avoid it from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Cook till the oil separates and floats on the top.
5. Sprinkle some freshly chopped cilantro on top.
6. Garnish with sprinkles of sev and serve immediately.
If thick chevda is preferred then reduce the quantity of milk added.