- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Corn Bread Pudding Recipe
|Country style bread loaf||3⁄4 Pound (Such As Pepperidge Farm Hearty Country White)|
|Corn kernels||3 Cup (48 tbs) (About 6 Ears)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Fat free milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Egg substitute||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||5 Ounce (1 1/4 Cup)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3849 Calories from Fat 836
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 93 g143.7%
Saturated Fat 36.2 g180.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 166.8 mg
Sodium 5604.7 mg233.5%
Total Carbohydrates 559 g186.2%
Dietary Fiber 92.2 g368.8%
Sugars 43.3 g
Protein 174 g349%
Vitamin A 47.2% Vitamin C 21.8%
Calcium 208% Iron 31.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Trim crust from bread, discard crust. Cut bread into 2-inch cubes. Place bread cubes on a baking sheet. Bake at 300° for 30 minutes or until bread is toasted, turning occasionally.
3. Increase oven temperature to 425°.
4. Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn and garlic to pan, cook for 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Combine milk, egg substitute, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
5. Add corn mixture and cheese to milk mixture, stir to combine. Fold in bread cubes.
6. Pour corn mixture into a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray, let stand 10 minutes. Bake at 425° for 40 minutes or until puffed and set.