- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Coconut Pie Recipe Video
|Fresh coconut||3 Large, scraped|
|Coconut water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Corn starch||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pie crust||1 Large|
|Cool whip||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1630 Calories from Fat 790
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g142.1%
Saturated Fat 71.5 g357.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.7 mg
Sodium 463.6 mg19.3%
Total Carbohydrates 197 g65.6%
Dietary Fiber 19.3 g77.4%
Sugars 124.3 g
Protein 15 g29.7%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 15.2%
Calcium 26.9% Iron 32.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
2. Crack open the coconut. Drain the water and set aside.
3. Use a knife to scrape and separate the coconut from the shell.
4. In a large sauce pan, heat the fresh coconut, coconut water, evaporated milk and sugar.
5. On medium heat, add the corn starch and vanilla and keep stirring until it thickens. It takes about 5 minutes to do it.
6. Remove from heat and cool.
7. In a glass pie dish, place the pie crust and press the sides in.
8. Pour in the fresh coconut filling.
9. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
10.Take out and allow it cool down completely.
11.Spoon in the cool whip over the top of the pie.
12. Cut and serve on a plate and enjoy.