- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Coconut Cake Recipe
|Cake flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), sifted|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coconut milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg whites||4 Medium (Unbeaten)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4020 Calories from Fat 1482
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 170 g261.9%
Saturated Fat 80.4 g401.8%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3752.4 mg156.4%
Total Carbohydrates 588 g195.9%
Dietary Fiber 40.6 g162.3%
Sugars 309.8 g
Protein 65 g130.1%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 12.1%
Calcium 176% Iron 37.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Into the bowl of an electric mixer sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the shortening, three-quarters cup of the coconut milk and the vanilla. Beat two minutes at low to medium speed, scraping the bowl and beaters as necessary.
3. Add the egg whites and the remaining coconut milk and beat two minutes longer.
4. Turn the batter into the prepared pans and bake until a cake tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about twenty to thirty minutes.
5. Cool the cake on a rack ten minutes before removing from the pans.
6. When the cake is completely cool, spread a lemon filling (prepared from a packaged mix) between the layers. Frost with vanilla boiled frosting or with sweetened whipped cream. Sprinkle with freshly grated coconut