- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Cherry Tarts Recipe
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour cherries||3 Cup (48 tbs), pitted|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baked tart shells||6 (3.5 Inch)|
|3 1/2 inch baked tart shells||6|
Calories 1398 Calories from Fat 589
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g100.7%
Saturated Fat 26 g130.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24 mg
Sodium 1133.4 mg47.2%
Total Carbohydrates 197 g65.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.5%
Sugars 38.1 g
Protein 10 g20.2%
Vitamin A 19.9% Vitamin C 12.9%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a double boiler and mix sugar, salt and cornstarch on the top bowl.
2) Next, add corn syrup to the bowl and mix well. Now, add cherries and stir a little.
3) Place this mixture over boiling water and stir frequently, until the mixture thickens.
4) Once the mixture thickens, cover the bowl and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5) Now, remove it from the heat and add almond extract to the mixture.
6) Allow it to cool and then pour into the baked tart shells and chill.
7) Serve the tarts with whipped cream, or as desired.