- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Cherry Muffins Recipe
|Plain flour||10 Ounce|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce|
|Egg||1 , separated|
|Milk||5 Fluid Ounce (1/4 Pint Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Red cherries||1⁄2 Pound, stoned and chopped (Use Fresh Fruit)|
Calories 193 Calories from Fat 16
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.8%
Saturated Fat 0.69 g3.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.3 mg
Sodium 123 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 10.6 g
Protein 4 g7.5%
Vitamin A 8.3% Vitamin C 4.7%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F (mark 6).
2) In a basin, sift the flour, baking powder and salt, then stir in the sugar.
3) combine the egg yolk and milk and blend into the dry ingredients.
4) Stiffly whisk the egg white and fold into the dough mixture alongwith the cherries.
5) Divide the dough mixture in 24 greased bun tins.
6) Bake in the preheated oven at 400°F (mark 6) for about 20 minutes until golden brown and nicely risen. Remove on a wire rack to cool.
7) Serve in a nice plate.