- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Chef Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing - Be Creative Recipe Video
|For the ranch dressing|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Low fat butter milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh parsely||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Fresh dill||2 Teaspoon, chopped finely|
|Scallions/Chives||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seasoning blend||To Taste (Grand diamond seasoning)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|For the salad|
|Lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs), chop|
|Romaine lettuce||1 Bunch (100 gm) (baby romaine)|
|English cucumber||1 Cup (16 tbs), slice|
|Carrots||1 Small, shave|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), slice|
|Red cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Red pepper/Yellow pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), slice|
|Fresh basil leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely|
|Pepper jack cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Smoked turkey slices||1 Cup (16 tbs), slice|
|Ham slices||1 Cup (16 tbs), slice (Black forest)|
Calories 1963 Calories from Fat 1467
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 166 g255.8%
Saturated Fat 51.3 g256.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 393 mg131%
Sodium 3411.5 mg142.1%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.7%
Sugars 22.2 g
Protein 85 g169.1%
Vitamin A 360.4% Vitamin C 286.6%
Calcium 134.9% Iron 34%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Finely chop the garlic, fresh italian parsley, fresh dill and scallions, keep it aside.
2. Clean and wash the lettuce and romaine lettuce, chop the lettuce and keep it aside.
3. Slice the english cucumber, mushrooms, red pepper, smoked turkey slices and ham slices, keep them all aside seperately.
4. Peel and shave the carrots, shred the red cabbage and finely chop the fresh basil leaves.
5. Grate the pepper jack cheese.
6. In a medium size bowl combine garlic, mayonnaise, sour cream, low fat buttermilk, whisk well.
7. Add the salt and pepper and seasoning, stir well. Refigerate until needed.
8. Mix all the chopped vegetables in a large mixing bowl and then layer the toppings cheese, ham and smoked turkey
9. Add just enough dressing to coat the ingredients.
10. Serve the salad immediately.
If carrying to be eaten later, do not dress before hand and carry ranch dressing separately.
You can also serve the dressing as a dip for vegetables, nuggets, French fries or fried chicken.