- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana Walnut Muffin Recipe Video
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|White sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Banana||1 Cup (16 tbs), mashed (use 2 bananas)|
|Walnut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (non-fat)|
Calories 295 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.2%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.2 mg18.7%
Sodium 214.3 mg8.9%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 27.9 g
Protein 4 g7.3%
Vitamin A 6.8% Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liner.
3) Into a large mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and walnuts.
4) Using a spatula, mix ingredients combine well.
5) Add melted butter and mix gently.
6) Add fresh bananas and mix
7) Add eggs, vanilla, and sour cream and combine well with all ingredients.
8) Using a medium size cookie scoop, put one scoop of batter in each cup.
9) After all 12 cups are filled, divide leftover batter equally.
10) Bake in oven for 20 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean.
11) Transfer from pan to cooling rack and allow to cool.
12) Serve warm or cool with a glass of milk.