- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Artichokes Vinaigrette Recipe
|Globe artichokes||4 Large|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pickling spices||1 Tablespoon (Whole)|
|Vinaigrette dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 708 Calories from Fat 338
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.7%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g23%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1657 mg69%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.3%
Dietary Fiber 38.2 g152.9%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 22 g44.2%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 136.2%
Calcium 38.6% Iron 52%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine water, vinegar and pickling spices in a deep 3-quart non-metallic casserole.
3. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 3 (4) minutes or until mixture comes to a boil.
4. Place artichokes upright in casserole.
5. Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 12 to 15 (15 1/2 to 20) minutes, turning casserole after each 3 (4) minutes of cooking time.
6 Cook until bases are tender when pierced with a fork and lower leaves pull away easily.
7. While artichokes are cooking , prepare Vinaigrette Dressing.
8. Dip leaves into Vinaigrette Dressing.