- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Apple Muffins Recipe
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cooked apple||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), peeled, chopped & divided|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 196 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.2%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.5 mg
Sodium 193.5 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 16 g
Protein 3 g6.7%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take 12 muffin pans and grease them.
2) Preheat oven to 350° F.
1) Take a mixing bowl and combine together flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in it.
2) Make a well in the center and stir in 1 cup apples.
3) Take a mixing bowl and combine together oil, milk and egg in it. Mix well.
4) Stir in the mixture into the dry ingredients until mixture turns just moist.
5) Spoon the prepared batter to two-third capacity in greased muffin pans.
6) Take a small bowl and mix together 1/2 cup apple, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar in it. Sprinkle the mixture over muffin batter. Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
7) Serve warm muffins at breakfast with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.