- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Apple Cake with Cinnamon, Walnut Streusel Recipe Video
|Granny smith apples||3 Cup (48 tbs), dice|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisin||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (optional) (Optional)|
|For the streusel filling|
|Toasted walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chop|
|Cinnamon powder||5 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|For the almond glaze|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), powdered|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 782 Calories from Fat 344
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g60.9%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.9 mg
Sodium 262.8 mg11%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.9%
Sugars 72.5 g
Protein 9 g18.1%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 16.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedBundt cake tin.
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degree F.
2. Prepare a large bundt pan by greasing it with olive oil or butter.
2. In a large bowl mix the apples, vanilla extract and cinnamon powder and keep in aside.
3. In another bowl mix the flour with salt, baking powder and baking soda mix well.
4. In another bowl mix the walnut, cinnamon powder and sugar. This will be your streusel filling.
5. In a stand mixer bowl, add the egg, sugar and olive oil and blend all the ingredients well until light and frothy.
6. Once you get a frothy texture you can add the flour in two batches. Beat on low speed.
7. Ensure you get a smooth batter like consistency and then add the apples in the batter and fold in.
8. Pour 1/2 the batter into the greased bundt pan and then sprinkle about half the streusel topping over the batter.
9. Then pour the remaining batter and spread it out evenly and top again with the remaining streusal. Keep about 1/4 cup of the streusal for the glaze.
10. Ensure that all the mixture is nicely layered.
11. Bake the cake for 1 1/2 Hour at 325 degree F and then once done let it rest in the pan on the cooling rack.
12. To make the almond glaze, combine sugar, milk and almond extract.
13. Place a serving platter over the bundt pan and then invert the pan with the plate. Then flip the cake over again so that the bottom layer has to be on the top and the nuts can be seen.
14. Drizzle the almond glaze and top it with the reserved 1/4 cup streusel.
15. Serve a nice slice of the Fresh cake with cinnamon walnut topping along with a nice hot cup of coffee, tea or milk.