- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Market Doughnuts Recipe
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lukewarm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioner' s sugar||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6883 Calories from Fat 3023
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 342 g526.8%
Saturated Fat 65 g324.9%
Trans Fat 6.7 g
Cholesterol 497.2 mg
Sodium 2390.1 mg99.6%
Total Carbohydrates 827 g275.5%
Dietary Fiber 24.8 g99.4%
Sugars 157.5 g
Protein 122 g243.3%
Vitamin A 21.7% Vitamin C 8.1%
Calcium 86.9% Iron 241.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grease a bowl.
2) In a mixing bowl, combine shortening, sugar, and salt.
3) Add in boiling water, stirring till the shortening melts.
4) Add in the milk and cool to lukewarm.
5) In a bowl, add the yeast in lukewarm water.
6) In a bowl, add the eggs and beat well.
7) Add the eggs, yeast, and 4 cups flour to the milk mix.
8) Beat till smooth, slowly working in the remaining flour.
9) Turn the dough onto a lightly floured board.
10) Knead well till a smooth dough.
11) Place in the greased bowl and cover.
12) Chill for 2 hours, or up to 5 days.
13) Taking 1/4 of the dough at a time, roll to 1/16-inch thick rectangle.
14) Cut in small squares or triangles.
15) Allow to rise till light.
16) In a skillet, heat deep oil.
17) Fry the cut dough and fry till brown.
18) Coat with confectioners' sugar and serve hot.