- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Wilted Cabbage Salad Recipe
|Cabbage||1 Medium, cut into wedges & cored|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 246 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.4%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.9 mg
Sodium 469.4 mg19.6%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.1%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 5 g10.1%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 152.5%
Calcium 10% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take the cabbage pieces to shred thinly.
2) In a saucepan, add water and let it come to boil to place the cabbage pieces. Steep for 5 minutes to make them limp.
3) Prepare the bacon by cutting into strips.
4) In a fry pan, cook the bacon in olive oil until it turns crisp.
5) Stir in sherry and cook for a while to make it bubbly.
6) Take out cabbage strips from water and place them on a clean and dry board.
7) Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
8) In a salad bowl, toss the ingredients and serve.