- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Vegetable Soup Recipe
|Fresh basil leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon, grated|
|Walnuts||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Defatted chicken stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce, chopped (1 Can)|
|Canned white beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), washed and drained|
|Green beans||4 Ounce, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces|
Calories 177 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.9%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.1 mg
Sodium 688.3 mg28.7%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.4%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 14 g27.3%
Vitamin A 23.4% Vitamin C 22%
Calcium 27.1% Iron 23.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Put the basil, Parmesan, walnuts, garlic and oil in a food processor and puree the ingredients together.
2) Keep the mixture aside.
3) Place a 3-quart saucepan over moderate-high heat and bring the stock, carrots and tomatoes to a boil.
4) Bring the heat down to medium and gently simmer for about 15 minutes.
5) Add the green beans and white beans and simmer for about 4 minutes.
6) Add the vermicelli and simmer for about 5 more minutes.
7) Add the basil mixture into the pan and stir well.
8) Serve as preferred.