- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Delicious French Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
|Single cream||1⁄2 Pint|
|Vanilla sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint|
Calories 554 Calories from Fat 410
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.6%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g43.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 224.7 mg
Sodium 95.1 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 28.5 g
Protein 5 g9.8%
Vitamin A 12.2% Vitamin C 0.8%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Using a wooden spoon, stir the egg yolks, vanilla sugar and salt together in a basin.
2) In a saucepan place the single cream set over moderate heat and bring up just to the boil.
3) Pour the hot cream slowly into the egg mixture, stirring all the time.
4) Return the mixture to the pan and heat through for a moment to cook the custard, but do not boil.
5) Pour into a basin and leave until cold.
6) Stir occasionally to prevent a skin forming.
7) Whip the cream until thick, and fold in the custard mixture.
8) Pour into a 2-pint (generous 1-litre) polythene container.
9) Place in the freezer.
10) Freeze until the mixture is partially frozen, then turn out into a chilled basin and whisk quickly until smooth.
11) Return to the container, cover with the lid and re-freeze until firm.
12) The ice cream should be stored in the container and will keep for several weeks.
13) Serve the vanilla ice-cream.