- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Vanilla Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe Video
|White sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Vanilla yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs) (french vanilla yogurt)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|White cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Regular salt||1 Pinch|
|Fresh blueberies||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For streusel topping|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, melt|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), packed|
|All purpose flour||72 Gram (1/3 cup + 2 tablespoon)|
|For french vanilla glaze|
|Confectioners sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|French vanilla creamer||1 Tablespoon (french vanilla coffee creamer)|
Calories 658 Calories from Fat 224
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.2%
Saturated Fat 15.3 g76.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 123.9 mg
Sodium 226 mg9.4%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.4%
Sugars 55 g
Protein 8 g16.6%
Vitamin A 16.1% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 20.1% Iron 23.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl cream butter and sugar. Mix in eggs, yogurt, and vanilla. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
4. In a small bowl, prepare the brown sugar streusel topping by combining all of the streusel ingredients.
5. Use a fork to cut in the ingredients until they are crumbly.
6. Grease and flour 9×13 baking dish. Set aside.
7. Add dry ingredients in the wet ingredients.
8. Stir just until incorporated. (do not over stir)
9. Gently fold in blueberries.
10. Pour the batter into the greased baking dish. Spread evenly using a spatula.
11. Sprinkle the streusel topping over the batter.
12. Bake for around 25 minute or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Do not over bake.
13. Let the coffee cake cool complete before adding the French vanilla glaze.
14. To make the French vanilla glaze, in a small bowl, combine all of the French vanilla glaze ingredients.
15. Place the glaze in a piping bag or use a fork to drizzle the cooled coffee cake.
16. In a serving plate, slice and serve this cake with coffee, tea, or ice cream.
If you want the top to be completely covered in brown sugar streusel or for a sweeter coffee cake double the streusel topping.