- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Toast With Cranberry Apple Topping Recipe
|Apple||4 Ounce, cored|
|Cranberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fresh Thawed Or Frozen)|
|Added sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dark brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), skimmed|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White bread slice||4 , reduced|
Calories 178 Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 57.5 mg
Sodium 146.1 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 16.5 g
Protein 4 g8.3%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 5.8%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1.Take a quart saucepan and melt some margarine in it.
2. Add in apple, cranberries, sugar, vanilla, apple juice and bring to boil over high heat.
3. Once boiled, let simmer over medium to loe heat for about 10 minutes until mixture attains a syrupy consistency.
4.Prepare French toast - take a shallow bowl and whisk together egg, cinnamon, milk and keep aside.
5. Take a 10 inch nonstick skillet and spray using cooking spray.
6. Heat skillet over medium to high heat.
7. Dip bread slices in the egg mixture and put in the skillet.
8.Pour egg mixtue on the slice too.
9. Cook both sides by turning once.
10. Cut each slice of toast diagonally to end up with 8 trianlge slices.
11. Take a serving platter, place the toast on it and top with cranberry apple mixture.