- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Toast Recipe Recipe Video
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Whole milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Bread slices||7 Large (preferably stale bread)|
Calories 651 Calories from Fat 214
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.2%
Saturated Fat 11.6 g58%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 319.2 mg
Sodium 876.4 mg36.5%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13%
Sugars 26.3 g
Protein 21 g41.2%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 18% Iron 27.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, add the flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Stir it together.
2. In another bowl, crack open the eggs and whisk them.
3. Add the milk and the vanilla and give it a whisk.
4. Combine the wet and the dry ingredients and blend everything together.
5. Heat a large skillet or griddle and drop a tablespoon of butter.
6. Dip each slice of bread into the batter for about 30 seconds till it absorbs the mixture.
7. Throw into the hot skillet and cook until golden brown on each side.
8. Cook the remaining slices of bread the same way. Add butter as necessary.
9. Top it with butter, syrup or powdered sugar and serve hot.