- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Toast Casserole with Blueberries -- Lynn's Recipe Video
|Challah bread||8 Ounce, cubed|
|Maple syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen blueberries/Blueberries||2 Cup (32 tbs), thawed and drained|
|Cooking spray||2 Dash|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Maple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 350 Calories from Fat 75
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g13%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 175.1 mg
Sodium 261.8 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.4%
Sugars 38.2 g
Protein 11 g22.1%
Vitamin A 6.5% Vitamin C 6.3%
Calcium 19.7% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350°. Spray a 9x13" casserole dish and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until frothy.
3. Add in the milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt and lemon zest. Mix for few minutes.
4. Add in the bread cubes and mix until coated.
5. Stir in the blueberries. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
6. In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar.
7. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the egg mixture in an even layer.
8. Bake in oven for 45 minutes until the top is golden and the filling is set.
9. Spoon French Toast Casserole onto serving plates and drizzle with maple syrup. Serve with strawberries and enjoy!