- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Toast Recipe
|Skim milk||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole grain bread slices||4 Large|
Calories 246 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.5%
Saturated Fat 0.79 g4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 106 mg
Sodium 486.9 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.3%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 16 g32.3%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 0.29%
Calcium 38.9% Iron 28.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a shallow bowl beat egg and egg whites together with a whisk or a fork.
2) Stir in milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
3) Grease a skillet with oil and heat thoroughly.
4) Dredge bread slices in egg mixture. Dredge both sides in it.
5) Add in a skillet, turning when the bottom browns.
6) Alternately, grill the French Toast under a broiler.
7) Serve hot with applesauce or a combination of fresh fruits such as sliced bananas, melons and strawberries over it.