- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Silk Pie Recipe
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sweet baking chocolate||4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs), divided|
|Grated sweet chocolate||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 577 Calories from Fat 388
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g68.2%
Saturated Fat 25.1 g125.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.5 mg
Sodium 91.2 mg3.8%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.9%
Sugars 31.7 g
Protein 5 g10.1%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.17%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 19.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 300.
2.In a bowl add egg whites, salt, cream of tartar and beat them with electric mixter, till the mixture becomes soflt and foamy.
3. Add sugar to this mixture and beat it till the mixture starts forming stiff peaks.
4. Gradually add vanilla and chopped pecans.
5. Portion out this meringue on a well-greased 9-inch piepan. Shape the meringue into pie shells with the help of spoon by swirling the sides.
6. Bake the mixture for about 1 hour at 300 and allow it to cool.
7. In a medium saucepan add water and chocolate and cook it over a low heat. Continue to stir the mixture till the chocolates melt completely. Allow the mixture to cool.
8. Add brandy , chocolate, and whipping cream to the mixture. Don't forget to beat the whipping cream till stiff peaks are formed.
9. When done with this chocolate mixture pour it over cooled meringue shell and chill it for 3 hours at stretch.
10 Beat the whipping cream untill stiff peaks are formed. And layer this mixture over the pie top.
10. Serve the dish after garnishing with grated chocolates.